Thursday, September 13, 2012

Small Blessings

Sometimes it's just the little things.

The smell of harvest spice; seeing the sparkly pumpkins, leaves and acorns tucked on shelves and in corners; cool weather; Celtic music quietly playing in the background, a song in my heart, a Psalm in my hands, a steaming cup of coffee...

It's good to be thankful. Sometimes we get caught up in feeling like we need to be thankful for the BIG things....health, well-being, a home, a job, healthy children....all of which are most definitely blessings. We ought always to be thankful for the blessings we so often take for granted.

But for today, I want to be thankful for the little things. As I sit here in my rocker, spending a few minutes in meditation, enveloped in the warmth and coziness of my home, I am simply thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!