Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's in the Candy Jar?

Isn't there something fun and tempting about a candy jar?  They just make you want to reach in and take a big ol' handful and, if you're like me, nibble away at it one piece at a time, or....if you're like my husband, jam the whole bunch in your mouth at once!

Blog candy is a little bit like a candy jar just waiting to be dipped into.  It's tempting, fun and oh so exciting when you're the one who walks away with a fistful of goodies!

I designed these cards today for the random weekly winner of a set of hand-stamped cards.  I posted the winner on Friday but, so far she hasn't gotten back with me to confirm and provide me her address.  I hate for Beth to miss out, but.....if I haven't heard from her by midnight tonight, I'll draw another name.  I'll let you know tomorrow what happens.   Remember, there will be a drawing every week until I reach 100 blog followers.  And then I'll give away 2 free stamp sets!

The Autumn Accents leaf die is so fun and isn't the polka dot scalloped ribbon delightful?

The Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper is so rich and warm, but it coordinates so well with that crazy Summer Starfruit  I really like it actually, you just have to use the right color combination.

I love this little owl.  He (or she) is so cute!  It always makes me think of a quote my aunt loved to share with me when I was a little girl.  "There was an old owl who lived in an oak.  The more that he saw the less that he spoke.  The less that he spoke the more that he heard.  Why can't we all be like that old bird?"

A HUGE ol' storm just blew in.....eeks, I hope my precious flower gardens are going to survive it.  There's heavy hail (now that's something wierd!) and thunder & lightning.  I love thunder & lightning.  My first home was an old 100 year old farmhouse with a big covered patio and a swing.  We used to sit out there, safe and cozy under the patio roof and watch the lightning storm...so majestic and powerful and amazing!

I hope you're enjoying my blog, dear friends.  I'll be ever so grateful if you shared my new venture with your friends.  Oh my word...it's getting worse and I think the power is going out...it just flickered a few times.  I love it!  Can you imagine what the pioneers must have felt like out here on the Kansas prairie, going through a storm like this in a sod hut or small wood cabin?  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!