Friday, October 19, 2012

Tag, you're IT!

Several weeks ago several hundred demonstrators met in Denver, Colorado, for a regional Stampin' Up! conference.  That's one of the wonderful things about being a demonstrator....the fun places we get to meet with other demonstrators and the amazing, fabulous staff who go to every event. 

I met my dear friend, Barbara Welch, who flew in from Phoenix, a few days early.  We had a wonderful time in Denver, shopping, eating yummy food at local restaurants and staying up until 2:00am....finishing up our swaps!

One of the best parts of any Stampin' Up! event is the swapping.  We all spend weeks designing and creating dozens {or hundreds} of cards and fun little projects, we carefully pack them in our suitcases, and then we walk around oooohhing and aaaahhing over everything, snapping pictures and trading with each other. 

When you're as crazy about swapping as we are, you get to know each other's faces cuz you're all swapping together year after year.  It was fun to see some familiar faces and get to know them a little more.  Here I am with Crystal French and Sandy MacFarlane.  Crystal was a presenter and shared gorgeous projects. 


Here are some of the gorgeous tags we swapped in Barbara's Over the Top Tag Swap.



I used one of the Apothecary Accents framelits for the base of this tag.   After I embossed the Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock with the elegant Lacy Brocade embossing folder, I sanded it with our new sanding block.

The snowflakes were diecut with the Snow Flurry Bigz die.  The rosette was created with our Designer Rosette die and the gorgeous Candlelight Christmas designer paper.  Although we've had this a few years now, it remains my favorite Christmas greeting stamp from the Bells & Boughs stamp set.  The tulle is so soft and romantic and the rich Cherry Cobbler seam binding adds an elegant touch.


 This is Barbara's tag.  I love the rich colors.  Barbara used the Quintessential Flower stamp for 3 of the  layers on this tag.
 Although you can't see it in the photo, this tag shimmers and glitters!  The champagne glimmer paper is SO gorgeous!

And  now I'm back to the scrap table.  About a year ago, I designed a scrapbook album that served as the guest book for a sweet friend.  After her wedding, I kept the book to "finish it up" and.....here we are, a year later.  I'm hoping to put it in the mail tomorrow, but ONLY if I get back to work!




1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous post and I don't know why you don't continue to do more!! I have faith in you. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love!